13 April 2012

blackbird


today while going to the village by bicycle, i saw many migrating birds after the winter, like skylarks and lapwings. it is soul touching to listen how the birds are singing after long winter. i have listened for days how blackbird is singing very quietly, but just moment ago i heard first time the true blackbird song. blackbirds often sing when it is cloudy or in time of twilight, i do not know why. they are twilight birds for me, so dear. 
the photo was taken few days ago.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Lovely to see your blackbird, I have just written about the red winged blackbird that flew into our tree (for the first time!). I do love it's song so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to have the birds back singing, isnt it? what a very pretty photo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi !!! What a nice post and photo !!!! I LOve blackbirds and their song!!! I see them often outside our window,,drinking water and eating the seeds from the ivy !! I'm trying to take them photos but i still didn't manage to do it ! The other bird with the long tail and the black and white colour is also similar to a kind of bird that we see here in greece !!! I LOve all the birds but the most times i don't know the name of the species they belong !! I would love to learn as many as i can in the future !!!
    Kisses !! :o)

    ReplyDelete