23 April 2012

Queen Charlotte's cottage






Few days ago i came back from London. I had a very busy four days in there, gardens to see and shopping to do. Few days in such a town would be enough for me, although i had a lovely time in there. I will show you some photos which i took, today from the Kew Gardens where Queens Charlotte's cottage was. 


Kew garden was blooming and all the woodland spring flowers too. Visiting at the Kew was best part of the trip, i was able to be little time in the English woods.




This Queen Charlotte's Cottage was one thing i waited to see. i could imagine fancy ladies taking a stroll in the yard and the surrounding woods, sipping a tea under the shade of trees.



Queen Charlotte's cottage looked like nobody would not care for it, i would have thought that there would have been a lovely garden in the yard. This would be a lovely cottage to keep a tea room. I wonder what is inside of this cottage... This place is open just on weekends and on bank holidays.


There was many lovely little buildings.











Trilliums, one of my favorite flowers.



Cherry trees, such a magical place this spot was. 





I too many photos in Kew gardens, to inspire me with my own garden designs.



Dear bluebells swaying in the wind. 





I have never seen such a old trees as i saw at Kew's. 
They must know so many secrets from the past...



Apple trees and Magnolia stellata. 







Kew Palace.







Now i am planning another journey to England... 
there is so many places to see, like Kent and Devon. 

8 comments:

  1. Delila what a lovely post. I used to live near Kew before moving to Cornwall many years ago! It is a jewel of a place and so important in the plant world. I am glad you enjoyed it so much and I hope you brought back lots of inspiration . lol Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you had a wonderful time, especially at Kew. Unfortunately I've never made it there but know how lovely it must be, especially at this time of year. this time last year we were both in the Lake District..........what lovely memories we have from that beautiful area and meeting each other.

    Hope you can plan another trip to the UK - and yes, you must go to Devon and Cornwall - I know you'd love it there in the Westcountry! I'll be home in Devon for Christmas this year - the gardens will not be at their best but that's OK - no place like home at any season!

    Love and wishes for a happy Springtime in your lovely part of the world.
    Hi from Bob.
    Mary X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Delila, These photos are incredibly lovely and rich~ The bench with the cherry blossoms, and the long avenue of wide grass flanked by trees(oaks?), and the two trees, one coved with bright yellow green new growth and the other so dark as almost to be black! I've never seen such a mass of trillums and they are beautiful like that.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! And what beautiful photos! Those gardens are so sweet and so, go green! I just love the first part of spring and all the blossoms.
    I hope you had a wonderful trip! Sounds like you saw like you saw many beautiful things! Hope it made you inspired~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delila,
    What a wonderful post; thanks for sharing! I'm headed to England this week especially to see the bluebell woods. I read they are peaking now; what a treat it will be!
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Delila I can imagine how much you enjoyed your visit to the UK and imagine you were inspired by everything you saw.

    Your photos are beautiful, you certainly chose a great time to visit.........

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful pictures. I chuckled at the two geese strolling down the HUGE allee. Blessings on your new blog. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking us along with you via your pictures! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete