four years ago i listed my first jewelries.
because of that i will make few twilight acorn pendants for two of you.
just tell me what is your favorite things in autumn...
i will send a note's for those on next Friday who will receive the acorn pendants.

How generous of you.
ReplyDeleteFavourite things about autumn:
The smell of leaf mould on the forest floor and the quality of light at the end of the day. I also love the way mist hangs over the light of the lamp outside our house and brings on the need to wrap up and read a book with the curtains open so I can see the night.
Here in the scorching desert of California,I look forward to the cooler weather. Also,going up to the mountains and hunting acorns.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness how i love your acorn necklaces. so many things about autumn i love also...i love how the coast that i live at becomes quiet again when holidayers return home and the seashore is empty and peaceful, i love freshly fallen leaves and needing a shawl before stepping outside, i love the excitement of back to school and seeing stacks of new pencils and white lined paper on store shelves, i love knitting even more in the fall. i had better stop here, i could keep going on! oh, and i do love what charlotte had to say, yes, the light.
ReplyDeletexo lori
What I love about Autumn is it's promise of lovely things to come............ reading, snuggling, long walks in the forest, admiring the colours of the falling leaves, hot chocolate.......
ReplyDeleteAutumn is about anticipating, and reflecting for me
xx
Congratulations on four years of sharing your beautiful, heartfelt jewlery!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite things about autumn, is, well, ACORNS! Right now they are like little bombs that the squirells drop on the metal roof. Sometimes its very loud and I jump.
I also love cool temperatures, crickets, amazing color leaves here in New England, tall flowers for as long as they last in autumn, then I love the dried seed pods and stalks. I love the geese honking as they fly away. I love the particular, crystal clear blue sky and the hint of woodsmoke in the air... and most of the time I love stacking wood.
OK, I good write a "why I love autumn" novel! But I'll end it here.... forest blessings!
How wonderful life has been since I found your blog (thanks to Nina), then through you Eileen, and then the great pleasure of meeting you both in person dear Delila.
ReplyDeleteAutumn is my favorite season - perhaps because I was an October baby! I love to watch the colors change on trees around our house, especially the maples, then drive through the neighborhood and see the amazing golds, yellow, oranges, and reds of the mighty trees. Living in an older neighborhood allows this Autumn pleasure because the trees are established and tower over us.
I like to walk early morning and see the spider webs on the shrubs and low plants, covered dew they sparkle like diamonds. Autumn flowers such as chrysanthemums, Michaelmas daisies, asters, bloom with shades of rust, purple and yellow. The cool air feels SO GOOD after the heat of Summer and I can sit out in the gazebo with my coffee early and watch the squirrels collecting the acorns and hickory nuts.
Yes, totally love Autumn........Nature at her best. Pumpkins and squash, cool nights, warm days, not too much rain here usually, a feeling of Winter to come without the chill yet in the air...............North Carolina has amazing Autumns.
Congratulations on 4 years dear friend - and please tell us what's happening regarding you perhaps going back to England! I'll be there for Christmas this year - am really excited!
Love your jewels - and the blue ribbon is so stunning. I'm holding my breath in hopes my number is picked!!!
Bob joins me in sending you hugs and love.
Mary XOXOXO
The smell of moisture in the air, changing leaves, fresh mornings and gorgeous days, lighting the fire in the evenings and getting out the knitting again!
ReplyDeleteI remember when I first saw your things, I could just see the reverence for nature in them.
ReplyDeleteI guess its the burst of glory in the colors,
and the geese honking across the sky, the shorter days and the smell of woodsmoke again!
xx
julie
Oh I just love your acorn pendants and would love to go in your draw for one.
ReplyDeleteI dislike the stickness of Summer so look forward to Autumn all summer long. The air feels fresher and nights drawing in beckon the comfort of nights inside and a return to having time for hobbies that get lost in the needs of a summer garden.
Nature puts on one of her best shows with the Autumn season as the leaves slowly change into their jeweled coats, the spiders webs glisten with early morning dew or even early frosts as the season progress.
Memories abound at this time of year of family now gone but always close at heart. Memories of long walks, squirrel spotting, collecting nuts and conkers. Helping my granddad with the large bronzed chrysanthemums which we hoped would bloom just right for the Bentinck shows. Collecting firewood for bonfires and the delicious smell of wood smoke.
Autumn festivals of Harvest and Halloween bring both a time to give thanks and a time for merriment and fun before Winter comes calling.
J x
hello sweet sister! i love your new blog and these pieces-the acorns so special of course-just like how you are truly on of a kind. i love fall as it is my twin and mine's birthday-the smells, the pumpkins, the new wide open sky and falling leaves. i think now i love fall to see what my new creative friends are making-what gorgeous beads you are using and other pieces you are working with. never worry-i have read your email and i am thinking on things for you! so happy you are in my life-this is such a blessing and joy for me!
ReplyDeletelove,
merle
Hello my faerie jewelry maker, I haven't written in so long! My life has been changing so much lately, for the best and rough too but that is another story. It is so good to check back into your blog and read of your peaceful nature inspired life! I so love your blog (as well as your jewelry!). How lovely of you to offer your beautiful creations to a lucky winner. To answer your question, I honestly adore the entire year, each season has it's magic. For me August holds a promise of the Fall, sometimes I can sense a slight change in the air at night and I know cooler temperatures are on the way. Rainy evenings with fires in the fireplace and good books and lovely sweaters. It also make me appreciate the last days of Summer. I feel the need to play a bit more in my garden, soak up the sun, drink more iced tea and enjoy the heat as it won't last too much longer. I love the last of my garden flowers, the roses and the Dahlias, everything looks so lush and green. I adore listening to all the insects in the evening. The cicadas and crickets are particularly vocal and the frogs add their croaking too. It is lovely to go to sleep with the windows wide open listening to them sing. I could keep writing but will end it for now. However I do want to know how the faerie festival went. I sold my faerie wings there one year. I bet everyone loved your beautiful pieces!
ReplyDeleteThank you again for such a beautiful blog!
Tricia
I love autumn,the colours of it,pumpkin colours.
ReplyDeleteThe smell of damp moss when you walk in the Autumnwood.
Finding mushrooms and acorns.
My heart goes with me,I feel happy and content.
And light a fire in the evenings, and dreaming :-)
Heart your blog !
Ingela.R
Sweden
How kind of you to give away some of your beautiful creations! I have been an avid erader of your blog but haven´t commented until now- will definately continue from now on to give comments.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, my autumn favourites are: Going to the theatre in the evening. Cups of hot chocolate in my favourite cafes. The colours in the fields and in the trees. The feeling of change in nature. The apple season with delicious apples. Harvest and autumn festivals. Making food using vegetables that are in season.
I love autumn. My favourite things are walking through Winlatter Forest in the Lake District smelling that wonderful damp earth aroma. Lighting our open fire as the nights draw in and we snuggle indoors with bowls of homemade soup and good books to read. I love knitting and crocheting new scarves and mitts to keep us cosy. And I love wearing my boots again. Your acorns are so beautiful Delila. Karen xx
ReplyDeleteApples, and the resulting pies ~ the smell of wild concord grapes in the air, wood smoke starting to waft about, pumpkins, the colorful autumn leaves... bright blue skies and "crisp" air ~ I can't think of anything I don't like about Autumn! :))))
ReplyDeleteI love your acorns. Autumn is my favorite time of year. The changing colors of the leaves, cooler temps, pumpkins, apples, walks in the crisp air, getting to wear sweaters...I could go on.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness-- these little treasures are beyond gorgeous. If one comes to me-- then just getting to wear this beautiful piece would be my favorite thing about Autumn!! And--- I am fascinated by the colors that the change of the season brings. For me-- it's a time of rest ( the Harvest nests are DONE- lol!!) as much as I do hate to say goodby to summer-- I do love the cool crisp days and the way the sun seems to give just the right touch of warmth. I love the smells of autumn --- pumpkin and spice--and I love that the nights are cool and crisp. I'm fascinated with acorns-- this necklace is simply stunning--
ReplyDeleteXo
Vicki
Golden light, bare branches seen against a sky of migrating butterflies.... Jewel bright jars of grape jelly cooling in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteThanks for asking
Sweaters, fires, cooler, crisp air perfect for long walks to view the amazing changes taking place. Warmer foods, endless cups of tea...these are a few of my favorite things about autumn...:)
Delete