I could not be more happier in any other garden than i am at Nymans. I have felt that i am in home from the very first day. Everyone is so kind and i have a such a lovely lady living with me in the stone cottage. Everyday i am on awe when i am walking in the garden and looking at the wonderful views on the woods. The trees are amazing and most of them very old... the Lebanese Cedar is from the 1800 century, one of the most enchanting trees i have ever seen. The ruins in the garden are like part of an enchanted book! the History of this place is something i would like to learn about.
Sometimes i feel like i would be part of an British costume drama in here, except i am wearing very muddy working clothes.
My writings will be very short ones, until i have a internet cottage in the cottage. next time i will post about the amazing amazing woodland which surround my home. there is wonderful Wild garden as well, which i call now on as a "deer woods", since i have seen few times deers in there among the brambles and ferns.
I do hope you enjoy to look at these photographs.
Oh my goodness! It is just pure magic, Delila! What a gorgeous and inspiring place! Best of luck with this new endeavor, it looks like such an enchanting place to be!
ReplyDeleteWhat a glorious place, welcome to England. It is one of those houses that makes you long for late summer afternoons and glimpses of ghosts of the past.
ReplyDeleteI am bursting with happiness for you. And the garden is lucky to have you and your hard work will always be part of its continuing legacy.
ReplyDeletexx
julie
Delila, I am so glad to hear that you are happy with your new place in England!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering how long you are staying at Nymans? I am going to England in the beginning of next year and I would so much like to come and have a workshop with you and see the gardens and eat cake with you :)
~Sara~
Delila, I am singing I am sooo happy for you! This truly looks like a dream come true for you!! Beautiful photographs of an amazing looking place. That cedar, wow. Many, many happy blessings to you.
ReplyDeleteMagical place! I hope you find inspiration and happiness :)
ReplyDeleteDelila dear, it all looks amazing and the very perfect, exquisite place for YOU! I'm so happy you are settling in the cottage and working in the rich English soil............how lucky The National Trust is to have you. Nymans will grow even more beautiful with your efforts because I know everything you do with plants benefits from your great love of Nature.
ReplyDeleteKeep in touch, I'm really interested in all that will be happening while you live and work in England. I wish so much we could see you when home for a short visit at Christmas but it's just too far for us to travel........and we won't have a car unfortunately.
Enjoy each day - will keep you in our thoughts.
Love Mary (and Bob)
oh delila! how wonderful!!!!! i am reminded of Lark Rise to Candleford when i see these photographs - all so beautiful. perfect for you!!! looking forward to your future postings. i miss you. xo
ReplyDeleteOh, and I just bought a beautiful necklace from your etsy shop, i couldn´t resist :) My mum and I are going to England together so it would be fantastic if we both could come and visit you at the Nymans garden and take the workshop with you.
ReplyDeletexx
Sara
Oh Delila I am so happy for you! I have only been to England once and it felt like home to me as well. The land is so old with so very many stories. The buildings are older that my country! I wish I was closer as I would love to take your jewelry workshop! As I am sure you know I just adore your beautiful art work!
ReplyDeleteHave loads of fun, and lots of tea!
Tricia
Delila- you indeed are in heaven!! I cannot imagine waking to such beautiful and serene settings everyday. I would love working in gardens there! You are blessed! Keep sharing pictures!
ReplyDeleteVicki
A very gorgeous place. I hope you're very happy there. Diane
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo's - I haven't been to Nymans for several years even though we are members of the National Trust and live on the coast so not far away. I am so glad you have settled in well. I hope to come and meet you for a workshop in the new year and eat cake and drink tea - very English. Karen x
ReplyDeleteI have never visited Nymans. It looks beautiful! Wishing you endless happy days there. x
ReplyDelete