i have been enjoying my days here in England after returning from Finland. But i do have to admit that i was home sick and missed my family terribly. but the walks in the wonderful deer woods have been a great comfort. this is my favorite place where i live, usually i just see the deer's and other forest beings, so i am able to wander in the woods peacefully. i have wished to see a badger, and today in the the dusk i left my jewelry makings and stepped a second time on this weekend in to the deer woods. i sat down for awhile and sipped some Japanese twig tea to warm me up, while i was looking hopefully towards the place where i think badgers live. but no luck, yet! but i did saw a rabbit and a deer.
beautiful, don't you think?
the snow melted away yesterday and i can see the forest floor again.
me with my new Moomin thermos flask and Emma Bridgewater robin tea mug.
i have a soft spot for Moomins and mugs inspired by woodland beings.
Robin mug filled with Japanese twig tea,
i love earthy teas. the tea is made in Nagata tea Gardens, in Kyoto... which makes the tea even more special!
Japanese woods are one of the places i wish to travel on someday.
dusk sun setting behind the deer woods.
p.s. now on i intend to post something on my blog a once a week.
i have been too quiet in here. i have so many photos i want to share with you,
even from deers!
Beautiful woodland
ReplyDeleteWish you were nearer, then we could invite you to have coffee in a moomin mug.
ReplyDeleteLook for badgers in about 2 months, they will begin to spring clean the sett. They back out of the holes with great armfuls of old bedding, which they dump and then take in new stuff. Most Setts have about 2 or 3 entrances, usually within reasonable distance of a stream. They do like fine soil and the entrances can be quite a distance apart. Good luck, get down wind of the sett and wait from early dusk.
I was lucky enough to go badger watching when young, with my dad. We watched the whole family with half grown cubs playing in the hollows near the entrances.
What a beautiful post. Your Moomin flask is wonderful, perfect for the woods. I must check out the twig tea now!
ReplyDeleteWeclome Home, Your Robin Mug is lovely. I am new to your lovely blog. Hugs judy
ReplyDeleteDear Delila,
ReplyDeleteThat tea sounds very nice. I am sipping some chai myself and was just told a recipie to make it at home, starts with black Indian tea, then add things including fresh ground ginger root and milk and maybe cardamom? Now I am forgetting and will have to think and write it down. Anyway, happy new year and many joyous walks in the woods, I think badgers come out in the night. If you have a flashlight, you might see one yet!
xx
julie
Lovely to hear from you. I'm glad you could go home for a bit. Beautiful pictures you posted today. The mug is so dear. Blessings, Diane
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to have such a lovely woods nearby that you can visit regularly. I hope you manage to spot a badger soon. I used to find Moomins very scarey when I was a kid :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely glimpse into your weekend woodland pursuits, Delila. And I smiled to see you robin mug...I have the very same one, actually, that one and a very small one.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your Winter,
Lesley
It´s lovely to get a glimpse into your world. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy to have found your blog! We used to own 40 acres of woods and I could just sit in stillness for hours. So peaceful! You just felt completely part of the world and nature. No judgement, no worries!
ReplyDeleteHi dear friend - sorry I must have missed this lovely post - I was on the expedition ship in Antarctica so am behind with all my blog friends! I had an amazing trip Delila - am gradually posting on all the wildlife (penguins, seals, seabirds, whales etc.) I saw at the end of the world!
ReplyDeleteI love EB china too - have several pieces and always drink my morning coffee from one of her mugs. I love yours with the Robins - so YOU!
Hugs - Mary