13 April 2013

wisley


on Wednesday i spend most of my working day in the RHS Wisley garden. the garden was filled with spring blooming plants, mostly woodland plants ( which are my favorite of all the plants). when i was living in Finland i used to watch and re-watch Gardeners' World and often i saw Wisley garden in many episodes. the garden is a place where you could spend your whole day in it... next time i want to travel there when Piet Oudolf's garden is blooming. but even on early spring the garden looks lovely and inviting. 




Pulmonaria, one of my favorite plants. 
from P. longifolia group you are able to take root cuttings and make even more plants in to your garden. Pulmonaria's look very lovely in terracotta pots too. 





Erythronium ( common name dogtooth violet) is another of my favorites. 
i love the mottled leaves of these flowers. 



the alpine house was filled with magical and unusual plants...
the plant above is something i would want to get in to my garden.




i saw couple sample gardens, where you are able to take ideas on to your own garden.
i though this garden design looks quite easy to make, though glasshouse like this is on my wishlist.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the glass house and pictures of all the plants...we're still waiting for spring here in Michigan! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there is such a gentleness in woodland flowers, and the house and grounds are stunning, Delila. Happy Spring!
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, beautiful place! I love seeing gardens awake to spring. What a wonderful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I knew you were going and now I'm thrilled to see your photos. Love the pretty pulmoniaria and the hepatica - the bluebells are obviously the Spanish species like I have blooming right now - many in large clumps in my garden. they are much stronger and stand up straight, whereas over here the English ones fall over and look untidy!

    The glass house is adorable Delila - I hope SO MUCH you will have one of your very own to work in some day - it would be perfect to bring on all the plants you love so much.

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete