14 April 2013

woodland books


today i walked in to the "deer woods" which is just a few steps away from the shared cottage where i live. i took my antique nature books with me, which i have collected lately from Brighton and took photos of the books in the woods. I could not believe my luck when i found these books and they cost so very little! they must have been a treasure for someone very long time ago. i love the scent of these books, the fact that they seem to be tarnished by time, the thick pages... i have every mean to read this books. 'Fifty-two nature rambles' book will be the first one to read. 











the woodland is filled with daffodils...
a place of fairies and fairy tales.

8 comments:

  1. Delila - what an amazing treasure of books! They look wonderful. And I'm just sitting here thinking how wonderful it is to see you living the dream you had back in Finland last year. May your life continue to unfold with more and more beautiful gifts and manifestations of your dreaming. Blessings from the forest (though here its still a bit snowy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Find!!!! Love the pictures in the woods you took and all the mosses! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful, the joy of finding books from long ago that you can treasure all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delila, what an amazing 'find' these stunningly beautiful old books are! You really were so fortunate to get them - they are perfect for YOU!

    Loved the way you took the photos - I see the moss and primroses, all so familiar in the English Spring woodland...........and I wish I could be there with you exploring the 'deer woods'.

    Don't stay away from your blog too log - I so enjoy seeing everything so pretty through your eyes.
    Hope things are going well - do continue to keep in touch please.

    Love and hugs Mary (and of course Bob!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delia, These are lovely books - thanks for sharing. "After the Moon went to Bed" looks absolutely enchanting. You'll have to tell us about that one! It's nice to see some of the books you've found. I like to collect antique nature books too! Have a great day.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful,love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful book! I love the illustrations. And what a beautiful wood to ramble in in your off time. I hope you are loving your time in England!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those books are stunning. What a lucky find! I'm also a bit mesmerized with the log that has a thick carpet of moss on it too; beautiful location!

    ReplyDelete